Monday, September 24, 2012

Jigsaw Planet

A while back a teacher asked me if I knew of an online tool to create jigsaws from children's own photo's - today I found Jigsaw Planet

Very easy to use, just sign up and upload a photo. you can choose how many pieces your puzzle has. Puzzles can be shared and embedded in blogs.


Here's an example of one I created preview

You are timed to complete the puzzle and can have a photo of the puzzle displayed either beside your page or 'ghosted' onto the background.

You can also display a link to the site and/or the number of pieces your puzzle has if you wish.

 How could you use this tool to support student learning in your classroom?

2 comments:

  1. Hi I haven't tried it but it looks like a great tool. Could you use it with a "picture" of a word? Children then have to put the word back together. Another possibility for juniors - a picture of a letter or number that they have to put back together. May help with letter and word recognition. I'm going to go and try it! Thanks.
    I'll put one on my class blog
    http://room2slearningjourney.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great idea, sounds like another classic example of kiwi ingenuity! You could have a 'jigsaw' page on your blog with the letters of the alphabet or numbers that could be put back together. Even better still if you used actual examples from 'their' environment eg Letters they had drawn, painted or 'built' out of materials.......or even letters from around the school.
    I'll keep an eye on your blog to see if any thing appears. Thanks for visiting.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, visit again soon.