Friday, May 10, 2013

Blog versus Facebook

I have to admit, I just don't seem to be able to 'get into' this blogging thing.

I add to my Switch On NZ Facebook page almost everyday but as you can see I haven't been here since February. This led me to wonder why.......I use curation sites a lot eg Scoop it (I have 5 different 'Topics') - Scoop it cross posts to my Facebook page and Pinterest. So this multitasking ability is what I like. I need to find something that cross posts from Scoop it (and the like) onto this blog. I discovered the tool IFTTT ("If this then that') several years ago an this might just be what I am looking for. As i always say, "Just put it in the back of your mind and when you have a purpose for it, you'll be able to say - ah I think I know just the thing". Time to practice what I preach.

Tip: Be discerning with what tools you choose to link eg I use to cross post my Tweets to my Facebook (personal one) and as I use Twitter for professional PD and have taken a great deal of time over the years to strengthen my personal learning network, I then barraged my friends and family via facebook with teaching and learning 'stuff' they weren't remotely interested in. Yes, I know there is a 'grey area' as many friends are also colleagues but this is unavoidable in making and strengthening connections through life.

I'm off to explore IFTTT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, visit again soon.