Thursday, January 31, 2013

Digital Books

I have just spent the last hour researching and downloading digital book Apps for the iPad. I felt I had a fairly good selection but was asked by a Middle School teacher if I could recommend any that could become part of her reading rotation. This then led me to realise there is a wealth of Apps aimed at Junior or younger readers (especially Picture Books and well known stories) but finding quality age appropriate content for older readers is not quite so easy.

I have just downloaded

Flip
Oh the Thinks you can Think (Dr Seuss)
Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the REALLY big Adventure
The Penelope Rose
Gone Wishing
Numberlys
Eleanor's Secret

I initally found an article via The Digital Media Diet website, which then led me to the
 Digital Storytime digital book review site. There is a wealth of Apps on this site, many of which I have been using in classrooms in the past. I'll spend some time exploring and using the apps I have just downloaded and add another post soon.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any digital book apps they could recommend for this age group. Just leave me a comment on this post. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, visit again soon.